Hargreaves Lansdown is not as expensive as it used to be, but it does still cost more than competitors like AJ Bell and Interactive Brokers. In our HL share dealing review below we go through how much Hargreaves Lansdown charges for buying and selling shares.
Hargreaves Lansdown Share Dealing Review
Name: Hargreaves Lansdown Share Dealing
Description: Hargreaves Lansdown offers access to the widest selection of stocks for share dealing accounts in the UK. The platform also has one of the best research portals for analysing stocks. It won the 2022 best stock broker awards and in 2021 won best full-service Stockbroker.
Capital at risk.
An excellent choice for most types of share dealing on UK and international markets.
- Investments: Shares, ETFs, bonds & funds
- Minimum deposit: £1
- Account types: GIA, ISA, SIPP, JISA, JISA, JSIPP
- Share dealing Account charge: £0
- Share dealing fee: £5.95
Fees: There is no account charge for holding shares with a GIA at Hargreaves Lansdown. Funds are charged at 0.45% for the first £250,000. There is no charge for buying funds, but shares are charged at £11.95 per deal or £5.95 if you do over 20 deals per month.
- No account fee for shares
- Wide range of shares to buy
- Excellent share-dealing research and data
- £11.95 dealing fee is quite high for infrequent investors
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: Hargreaves Lansdown full review