The Good Money Guide is a comparison site and guide for investment accounts, products and services. Through in-depth expert guides, client reviews, interviews, news and views we aim to connect clients to the most appropriate financial service provider for their needs.
Why Compare With Good Money Guide?
"We have two decades experience in the investment industry and through our network of experts, analysts, comparison tools, guides, news, reviews and interviews are able to connect investors to the most appropriate brokers and financial service providers.
Richard Berry, Founder - Good Money Guide
What We Do & Who We Do It For
Our objective is to present the best pricing, accounts and compare the features that are important to traders. By comparing the key features we can offer a quick way to compare the best choice therefore allowing traders to make an informed choice when choosing a new or switching providers. Sponsored and featured brokers sometimes appear first but we also include brokers we do not have financial relationships with. We provide independent comparisons and may receive a form of compensation for including some companies in the tables.
How We Make Money
This is import to both us and you. First thing first though. It doesn't matter how big a company's pockets are, you can't just pay to be featured on the Good Money Guide. We only include companies that we have either used ourselves, know the senior management, have a good reputation within the industry and with their customers or do something really different. We will often include big brands so they can be compared to alternative disruptive providers.
If you click on the outbound links in the comparison tables or review pages companies pay us in one fo the below ways.
- Pay per click - companies pay us a fee everytime you click on a link from our website to theirs.
- Cost per aquisition - companies pay us a fee everytime we intrdouce a customers
- Revenue share or rebate - we receive a percentage of the revenue generated from accounts introduced.
- Fixed fee - a company pays us a fixed fee for being featured in the comparison tables
We do not run third party advertising networks on the Good Money Guide, in my opinion they are far too easy for spammers, scammers and unscruplious advertisers to infiltrate. We maintain complete control of the financial service providers that are promoted. Richard Berry
The types of agreements are called performance based marketing. It is one of the most efficient forms of advertising, as companies only pay us on results. It means that providers can reduce their marketing spend and therefore the fees they charge customers.
The fees and commissions you pay your financial service provider are not affected by what a firm pays us for promoting them in the comparison tables.
Our objective is to be balanced, and champion providers that excel in customer service and innovation.
Inclusion in our comparison tables is at our absolute discretion. In fact, we often turn down providers and include many others we do not have commercial agreements with.
Good Money Guide Awards
Our awards are based on the broker reviews traders leave for their brokers as well as.
- Our personal experiences in dealing with them
- Customer feedback in reviews, in person, online and anecdotally
- Overall reputation within the industry and approach to customer service
We ask traders to rank their broker based on a broker's:
- Trading platform
- Customer service
- Mobile apps
- Spreads and pricing
- Market range
- Trade execution speed
How We Rank & Compare Trading & Investment Accounts
Our methodology for default rankings include industry expert’s direct experience and is also based on (but not limited to) the below:
- Pricing and spreads
- Margin requirements
- Trading platforms available
- How long a broker has been established
- Added value services such as research, news, signal and charting
- Balance sheet, financial visibility such as LSE listed, customer client funds protection
- Markets and order types available
- Payment and withdrawal methods
- Private client and corporate services available
- If it is available to overseas clients, translated websites and foreign speaking staff
- Overall service and reputation in the industry
The data gathered is sourced from the broker's official websites and often collaborated directly with the broker.
Margin and spread information are updated on a monthly basis.
Last Updated on