Share dealing on Interactive Investor is very safe as they are regulated by the FCA so if they go bust your free cash is protected by the FSCS and your shares are held in safe custody with CREST and can be transferred to another investment platform.
Interactive Investor Share Dealing Review
Interactive Investor is a great choice for anyone who wants to buy and sell shares on a regular basis and has a large portfolio.
- Investments: Shares, ETFs, bonds & funds
- Minimum deposit: £1
- Account types: GIA, ISA, SIPP, JISA
- Share dealing account charge: £4.99 per month
- Share dealing fee: £3.99 – £5.99
Dealing Fees: Interactive Investor share dealing commissions are a free trade every month, then UK Shares and Funds, US Shares charged £7.99 or upgrade to a £19.99 “Super Investor” account 2 free monthly trades and deal for £3.99. Regular investing is free.
- One free trade per month – One buy or sell order is free every month, after that, the cost is between £3.99 and £5.99 depending on what plan you are on.
- Free investing for your friends and family – You can give up to five people a free investment account subscription with Interactive Investor’s Friends and Family plan. You pay a single extra fee of £5 a month, and their monthly cost is zero. Each member can invest up to £30,000 in an ISA or a general investing account with free regular investing and no account fees. However, they will still pay normal dealing commissions when they buy and sell investments.
- Get £200 when you refer a friend to Interactive Investor – Recommend a friend or family member to ii and get a £200 reward. Your friend will get their first year’s service plan for free – saving £120. To qualify, your friend must transfer or fund their account with at least £10,000 in combined cash/investments. However, your friend will not receive the usually monthly free trade.
- Low share dealing commission
- £1 minimum deposit makes it easy to get started
- One free share deal per month
- Joint account options
Fixed-fee expensive for very small share dealing accounts below £1,000
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: Interactive Investor reviewed & rated