Yes, in fact IG was originally called IG Index (Investors Gold Index) and was one of the first brokers to let private individuals trade the financial markets. When they started off customers mainly traded the London stock market index (FTSE 100), but now IG clients can trade a market leading 80+ indices.
IG Indices Trading Review
Name: IG Indices Trading
Description: Trade over 80 indices with the world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider. Trade with deep liquidity on spreads from 1 point on the FTSE 100, 1.2 on the Germany 40 and 0.4 on the US 500. IG also offers indices trading on weekends when the main markets are closed.
70% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs and spread bets with this provider.
- Indices available: 80+
- Minimum deposit: £250
- Account types: CFDs, spread betting, DMA, investing
- Index pricing: FTSE 1, DAX 1, Dow 2.4, NASDAQ 1, S&P 0.4
- Excellent index liquidity
- Wide range of indices to trade
- Good index trading signals and analysis
- No index futures
- Index options only available as a CFD or spread bet
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: IG reviewed & rated