No, IG do not offer direct market access to commodity futures. When you trade commodities with IG you are trading OTC CFDs or financial spread bets. If you want to trade DMA commodities you need a futures broker like Saxo Markets or Interactive Brokers.
IG Commodity Trading Review
Name: IG Commodity Trading
Description: Trade over 35 commodities or a range of commodity stocks and ETFs as a CFD or spread bet on spot prices or with (exclusive to IG) an undated contract. Commodity trading spreads are from just 2.8 points on Brent Crude and 0.3 on gold and you can also attach a guaranteed stop to limit your risk, even in the most volatile market conditions.
70% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs and spread bets with this provider.
- Commodities markets available: 35
- Minimum deposit: £250
- Account types: CFDs, spread betting, DMA, investing
- Pricing: Gold 0.3, Oil 0.28
- Trading commodities on 25 markets
- Commodities spread betting
- Excellent OTC commodities liquidity
- No DMA commodities trading
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: IG reviewed & rated