Yes, we rate AJ Bell as a very safe share-dealing platform. AJ Bell are regulated by the FCA and customer funds (cash) are protected by the FSCS up to £80k. Shares you hold in AJ Bell nominee accounts are held in CREST safe custody accounts and will be transferred to another broker if they were to go bust.
AJ Bell Share Dealing Review
Name: AJ Bell Share Dealing
Description: AJ Bell is a low-cost online investing platform and is the cheapest share dealing platform for buying and selling shares for the UK do-it-yourself (DIY) investor. They also offer plenty of investment ideas, including investment guides and equity research.
Capital at risk.
A great choice to deal shares with low costs in a variety of investment accounts.
- Investments: Shares, ETFs, bonds & funds
- Minimum deposit: £500
- Account types: GIA, ISA, SIPP, JISA, JISA, JSIPP
- Share dealing account charge: 0.25%
- Share dealing fee: £4.95 – £9.95
Fees: AJ Bell share dealing account fees are capped at £3.50 a month. Dealing costs are £1.50 for funds and £9.95 for shares but drop to £4.95 when there were 10 or more online share deals in the previous month.
- Recommend a friend, and you’ll both get £100 gift vouchers – When you recommend a friend to AJ Bell that invests more than £10,000 in a SIPP or ISA, you and your friend can get One4All gift vouchers worth £100.
- Switch your share dealing account and receive up to £500 to cover exit fees – If you transfer your share dealing general investment account valued at more than £20,000 to AJ Bell they will help cover any exit fees charged by your current provider. They will cover £35 per investment moved and up to £100 for general exit fees, up to an overall maximum of £500 per person.
- Free subscription to Shares Magazine worth £220
Get a free subscription to Shares (worth over £220 per year) by maintaining a balance of £4,000 or more across your AJ Bell investing accounts.
- Lots of share dealing investment options
- Low share dealing account fees capped at £3.50 a month for shares
- Lots of share dealing account types
- High phone share dealing charges
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: AJ Bell reviewed & rated