When you trade commodities with City Index you are either trading a CFD or financial spread bet as an OTC product. You are not trading on exchange futures with DMA access. However, you can trade spot commodities against the USD, or quarterly contracts with mirror the futures cost of carry.
City Index Commodity Trading Review
Name: City Index Commodity Trading
Description: Trade over 20+ different commodity markets with spread betting and CFD spreads from just 0.06pts. In business for 40 years, City Index is a trusted market leader that’s authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Exclusive to City Index, get trading ideas and post-trade analysis to improve your trading performance.
70% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
- Commodity markets available: 20
- Minimum deposit: £100
- Account types: CFDs & spread betting
- Pricing: Gold 0.8, Oil 0.3
- Tax-free commodities spread betting
- Trading signals and portfolio analysis
- Wide range of commodities to trade
- No DMA commodities trading
- No physical commodity ETFs
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: City Index reviewed & rated