Make more of your money by comparing accounts for investing, trading & currency transfers.
We are delighted to announce our picks for best brokers of 2018.
The winners based on the below criteria:
- Our personal experiences in dealing with them
- Customer feedback in reviews, in person, online and anecdotally
- Overall reputation within the industry and approach to customer service
Here are our best broker awards winners and why for 2018:
Best Spread Betting Broker:
- IG – huge range of markets, lots of added value on the trading platform and excellent customer service
Best CFD broker:
- Saxo Capital Markets – an excellent trading platform with DMA, CFD options, level-2 pricing, and research tools
Best Forex Broker:
- Saxo Capital Markets – wide range of FX pairs, tight spreads, FX futures, FX options, and currency ETFs
Best Crypto Broker:
- XTB – loads of crypto pairs and the ability to create your own universe of crypto products with nice visual post-trade analysis
Best MT4 Broker:
- ETX Capital – low latency execution, proprietary price feeds and infrastructure
Best Social Trading Broker:
- eToro – massive client base, easy to use and the option to trade fully paid (100% margined) CFDs and CopyPortfolios
Best Broker For Professional Accounts:
- Saxo Capital Markets: heavy duty DMA trading platform, experienced trading desks, large institutional product access
Best SIPP and Stocks & Shares ISA Broker
- Hargreaves Lansdown – a bit like Waitrose, not necessarily the cheapest, but excellent range of products and service
Best Currency Broker/Money Transfer Provider:
- Transferwise – one of the only money transfer providers to display fixed and transparent mark-ups on transactions
Best Overall broker:
- IG – well established with a great reputation with retail and institutional clients and a wide range of investment products including; spread betting, CFDs, SIPPs, ISAs, stock broking, IPO access and managed investment portfolios.
To view all the brokers shortlisted view the comparison tables here:
- Spread Betting Brokers
- CFD brokers
- Forex Brokers
- Crypto Brokers
- MT4 Brokers
- Social Trading Brokers
- Professional Trading Accounts
- SIPP and Stocks & Shares ISA Brokers
- Currency Brokers
Before anyone gets on their high-horse and mutters, awards are all just a big scam and it’s all down to who pays the most for advertising. Let’s just quickly clear that up.
We don’t charge to enter our awards. The shortlists consist of brokers we deem good enough to be in our comparison tables. We’ve been in this business long enough to spot a good, innovative or customer focused broker. So by being on the Good Money Guide in the first place, they are deemed good enough to be shortlisted on an unsolicited basis.
Whilst we earn money from referring clients to brokers and give them the opportunity to pay for more prominence on the comparison tables, brokers can’t just buy their way onto the site. The brokers and financial service providers we include are at our absolute discretion. You can read more about how we make money here.
Compare Vetted Investing, Trading & Currency Accounts
|Investing Accounts||Trading Platforms||Currency Transfers|
Looking for an institutional broker? Compare prime brokers here
Richard founded the Good Money Guide (previously Good Broker Guide) in 2015 and has been a broker for 20 years most recently at Investors Intelligence and previously a multi-asset derivatives broker at MF Global (Man Financial). Richard started his career working as a private client stockbroker at Walker Crips and Phillip Securities (now King and Shaxson) after interning on the NYMEX oil trading floor in New York and London IPE in 2001 & 2000.