You can trade commodities as a spread bet or CFD with Spreadex, but you cannot trade futures spreads. The difference between the spread in commodities trading for futures is that it’s the difference in price between the front and forward months. Whereas in spread bets and CFDs the spread refers to the difference between the buy and sell price of a commodity (which is often wider than the DMA on exchange price to incorporate commission).
Spreadex Commodity Trading Review
Name: Spreadex Commodity Trading
Description: Spreadex lets you trade over 20 commodities including Gold from only 0.4pts as a spread bet or CFD. They were also recently voted by traders for ‘Best for Efficiency of Taking Trades’ in the Investment Trends Awards.
72% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
- Commodities markets available: 20
- Minimum deposit: £1
- Account types: CFDs, spread betting
- Pricing: Gold 0.3, Oil 0.28
- Excellent customer service
- Tight commodity spreads
- Commodities spread betting
- No DMA commodities trading
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: Spreadex reviewed & rated