Yes, you can trade options online on IG, but you are limited to the most popular forex pairs indices, commodities and shares. If you want a wider range of options, particularly on shares, a full-service futures and options broker like Saxo Markets or Interactive Brokers will give you better access.
But, one of the key advantages of IG, is that you can trade options as a spread bet and not pay capital gains tax on your profits. IG are one of the best brokers to offer this exclusively to UK customers.
IG Options Trading Review
Name: IG Options Trading
Description: IG offers options trading via financial spread betting or CFDs as daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly markets. If you have a professional account, you can trade short-term limited-risk options as well, with time-frames as low as 1 minute.
70% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs and spread bets with this provider.
- Options markets available: 50+
- Options costs: OTC (built into the spread)
- Minimum deposit: £250
- Account types: CFDs, spread betting, DMA, investing
- Options spread betting
- Wide range of other markets
- Publically listed company
- Limited equity options online
- No DMA options trading
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: IG reviewed & rated