Boeing Co (BA) Share Price Analysis
Name: Boeing Co (BA)
Description: Down by almost -18.00% in the last three months Boeing can't shake off issues with its 787 Dreamliner. The company had to slow the planes production after manufacturing flaws, which required inspection, were discovered in the summer. The stock has dramatically underperformed aerospace and defense rivals such as Lockheed Martin (LMT) and Airbus (AIR FP). Though prodcution is back on target now and the company picked up significant new orders for 108 additional planes at the end of October.
The current Boeing Co. (BA) stock price is $233.87 which is a change of 2.24 or 0.97% from the last closing price of 233.87 with 6,956,205 shares traded giving NYSE:BA a market capitalisation of $141,485,944,649. The most recent daily high has been 235.38 and daily low 231.38. The NYSE:BA share price 52 week high has been 243.1 and the 52 week low 172.85. Based on the most recent NYSE:BA share price opening of 233.87, the current NYSE:BA EPS (earnings per share) are -4.69 and the PE (price earnings ratio) is n/a. Pricing data last updated 01/12/2023 16:00.
- On-going recovery potential as air travel moves back to pre-pandemic levels
- Defence sector strength with revenue forecast to grow by +19.8% in 2024
- Operating margins are improving and losses are being reduced in the face of an order book backlog of $18.00 billion
- Boeing currently has negative profit margins and return on assets, whilst peers such as Lockheed Martin operate in positive territory
- Operates low-margin business in highly competive sectors
- Possible Congressional budget issues may limit defence spending going forward