Yes, Interactive Investor’s JISA is a great way to invest for your children if you have an investing account with ii as it’s free and you can invest in a huge range of shares, bonds and funds.
Interactive Investor Junior ISA Review
Name: Interactive Investor Junior ISA
Description: If you have an investing account with Interactive Investor, you get a free Junior stock and shares ISAs account for your children. You can invest in over 40,000 shares, bonds, funds or pre-built portfolios. So if you are looking for a free self-select JISA it is one of the cheapest and most flexible investment ISAs for children on the market at the moment compared other large investment platforms like AJ Bell (who charge 0.25% a year). You also get one free trade per month, after that it costs £5.99 per deal, compared to AJ Bell’s £9.95 per share deal.
Capital at risk.
- Investments: Shares, ETFs, bonds & funds
- Minimum deposit: £1
- JISA account charge: £0
- Dealing fee: £3.99 – £5.99
Fees: *II JISAs are free for customers who have already opened an ISA or Trading Account. Dealing commissions are a free trade every month, then UK Shares and Funds, US Shares charged £7.99 or upgrade to a £19.99 “Super Investor” account 2 free monthly trades and deal for £3.99. Regular investing is free.
- One free trade per month – One buy or sell order is free every month, after that, the cost is between £3.99 and £5.99 depending on what plan you are on.
- Free investing for your friends and family – You can give up to five people a free investment account subscription with Interactive Investor’s Friends and Family plan. You pay a single extra fee of £5 a month, and their monthly cost is zero. Each member can invest up to £30,000 in an ISA or a general investing account with free regular investing and no account fees. However, they will still pay normal dealing commissions when they buy and sell investments.
- Get £200 when you refer a friend to Interactive Investor – Recommend a friend or family member to ii and get a £200 reward. Your friend will get their first year’s service plan for free – saving £120. To qualify, your friend must transfer or fund their account with at least £10,000 in combined cash/investments. However, your friend will not receive the usually monthly free trade.
- Pick your own investments or use their model portfolios
- £1 minimum deposit makes it easy to get started
- £0 account fee*
- You have to pick your own investments
- Only free if you have an II trading account
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: Interactive Investor reviewed & rated