Yes, Tickmill UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom. This means that it is a trust broker in the eyes of the FCA for regulatory purposes. As an FCA-regulated broker, Tickmill is required to segregate retail client funds from the company’s own funds. This means that your funds are covered by the FSCS, as a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the UK, all clients of Tickmill UK Ltd are covered in the event of default by Tickmill UK Ltd. Clients are covered up to the value of £85,000.00.
You can see Tickmill’s entry in the FCA register here.
Where else is Tickmill regulated?
As well as being regulated by the FCA in the UK, Tickmill brands are also regulated in these regions:
- UAE: Tickmill is a trading name of Tickmill UK Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) of the United Kingdom and the Dubai Financial Services Authority as a Representative Office. See this on the UAE public register of firms here.
- Cyprus: Tickmill Europe Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). See this on the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission register here.
- Seychelles: Tickmill Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Authority of Seychelles (FSA). View Tickmill’s enter here.
- Asia: Tickmill Asia Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Labuan Financial Services Authority. You can see Tickmill on the FSA list of money brokers here.
- South Africa: Tickmill South Africa (Pty) Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA). You can see Tickmill’s entry on the FSCA by clicking the OTC Derivatives Providers link on this page.
Tickmill is not currently regulated in America so cannot onboard US traders.
For more information please read our full Tickmill review, or you can watch our interview with the CEO of Tickmill UK Ltd Duncan Anderson. In it, we discuss the importance of Tickmill being regulated in muti-jurisdictions and what products it offers for different types of clients.
To see how Tickmill is trusted against other brokers you can view our trading platform comparison tables.