IG Investing App Review
Name: IG Investing App
Description: IG’s investing app is a good choice if you are a regular trader and are more interested in high-risk products like CFDs and spread betting but also want to invest in the long-term. IG’s app offers a very cheap way for you to include physical shares and funds in your portfolio without the need to run multiple accounts.
Capital at risk
- Investments: Shares, ETFs, investment trusts & pre-made portfolios
- Minimum deposit: £250
- Account types: GIA, ISA, SIPP, derivatives
- Account charge: £24 per quarter
- Dealing fee: Shares £3 – £8
Fees: IG charges a flat custody fee of £24 a quarter (£96 a year) for general investing accounts. However, if you have more than £15,000 in a Smart Portfolio managed fund or place over three trades per quarter that fee is waived. Standard dealing fees are £8 for UK and £10 for US shares. Smart Portfolio fees are 0.5% – capped at £250 per year. Fund management charges are 0.13% and transaction costs are 0.09%.
- Free US stock investing – There is zero commission on US share trades and just £3 on UK share trades when you trade three or more times a month.
- Low-cost investing account
- UK & international shares
- Pre-made portfolios
- Also provides access to high risk investment products
Research & Analysis