The G10 currencies are the top ten most popular traded and liquid traded currencies across the world.
The G10 currencies are:
- Australian dollar (AUD)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- European Union Euro (EUR)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Norwegian krone (NOK)
- United Kingdom Pound sterling (GBP)
- Swedish krona (SEK)
- Swiss franc (CHF)
- States United States dollar (USD)
What are the top traded G10 currency pairs?
A currency pair is when one currency is bought and sold against another. We have covered the most popular currencies for forex trading and why but of the G10 currency pairs the most popular for trading are:
Where can you buy and sell G10 currency pairs?
If you want to buy any form of foreign currencies you need one of these services:
- Bureau de change (travel money) – for small can transactions
- Money transfer provider – for transferring small to medium currency transfers electronically
- Currency broker – for large currency transactions and hedging
Richard founded the Good Money Guide (previously Good Broker Guide) in 2015 and has been a broker for 20 years most recently at Investors Intelligence and previously a multi-asset derivatives broker at MF Global (Man Financial). Richard started his career working as a private client stockbroker at Walker Crips and Phillip Securities (now King and Shaxson) after interning on the NYMEX oil trading floor in New York and London IPE in 2001 & 2000.