The Good Money Guide is a leading comparison site and guide for investment, trading and currency transfer accounts, products and services. Through in-depth expert guides, client reviews, interviews, news and views we aim to connect clients to the most appropriate financial service provider for their needs.
With a growing audience this role offers the opportunity for you to take control of new developments and shape the structure of our site.
We are looking for an experienced WordPress developer to join our small team and oversee the development of Good Money Guide. This role comes with a highly competitive and incentivised compensation plan and can lead to a CTO position and employee stock options plus gives the opportunity for an experienced developer to put their skills to use and help grow Good Money Guide to the next level.
As lead developer, you will work closely with the founder and head of SEO and be responsible for all development and technical issues to help define development strategy.
We are looking for someone who is self-driven, has a high attention to detail and excellent technical capabilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the current technical set up of the site and services and implementing improvements
- Implementing new features and functionality for our current WordPress site such as displaying data for comparison from multiple datafeeds, and developing and maintaining custom review and comparison plugins
- Ensuring high-performance and availability by managing all technical aspects of the backend and services.
- Maintaining and managing our WordPress installation to ensure they are secure and efficient.
- The overall output speed and quality of the website
- Taking business requirements and turning these into technical specifications for other developers
- Working with business stakeholders to help them understand the complexity of tasks and suggesting practical solutions which meet the business’ needs
Your skills and experience:
- Plenty of WordPress experience ideally across a variety of sites and businesses
- Strong knowledge of PHP, SQL and the WordPress core
- Experienced in writing custom themes, plugins, JS, and CSS rather than relying on existing frameworks etc.
- Experienced in managing other developers and supporting them to develop their skills
- An eye for detail with pixel-perfect implementation of designs
- Excellent at identifying edge cases and potential issues with implementation and good at considering the user’s perspective
- Able to accurately estimate the time required to develop and test tasks and to assess and advise on estimates made by other team members
- Excellent spoken and written English
Good to have:
- Accustomed to using Agile development
- Experience in using version control services such as Github
- A basic understanding of SEO and the considerations needed when developing sites
- Experience of multilingual WordPress sites
- Have a good understanding of Web Accessibility and speed optimization
What we can offer you
- Full time or part time role with flexible hours
- UK based, remote working
- Be part of an established and growing scalable business
- An opportunity to define the future setup of the site and to shape a growing development team
- Make a real impact in the business
Our recruitment process
- If we like your application, we’ll schedule a quick 20-minute call to get to know you better.
- We’ll send you a small development challenge to show off your skills, it will take a few hours to complete and you will be paid for your time.
- If we like your submission, we’ll invite you to a second interview to get to know you better and discuss the role in more detail.
NO RECRUITERS/AGENCIES THANK YOU.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent or Part-Time
- Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 per year depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus – based on performance
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Experience: WordPress: 5 years (required)
To apply for this please send your CV to [email protected]