Interactive Investor’s GIA is better than an ISA if you have lots of money to invest as you only tax-free allowance of £20k per year for individual savings accounts, so anything above that you should invest in a general investment account.
Interactive Investor General Investment Account Review
Description: II's GIA won our award for best general investment account in our 2023 and 2022 awards as they offer an excellent fixed-fee pricing model, which is a good choice for investors with over £10,000 to invest. Interactive Investor’s fixed-fee model means that your total account costs remain low no matter how big your portfolio gets. You can also invest in a huge range of markets, from UK and international shares to funds, trusts, bonds and ETFs.
Capital at risk
- Investments: Shares, ETFs, bonds & funds
- Minimum deposit: £1
- Other account types: GIA, ISA, SIPP, JISA
- Account charge: From £4.99 per month
- Dealing fee: £5.99
- A GIA with ii costs from £4.99 a month for a general investing account with Interactive Investor’s Investor Essential plan. Dealing commissions are a free trade every month, then UK Shares and Funds, US Shares are £5.99. You can set up regular orders as small as £25 for free with ii’s Regular investing service.
- £50 Free Trading Credit. Open a Trading Account before 31 August and get £50 Free Trading Credit to get you started. New customers only. Terms & fees apply. Capital at risk.
- One free trade per month – One buy or sell order is free every month, after that, the cost is between £3.99 and £5.99, depending on what plan you are on.
- Free investing for your friends and family – You can give up to five people a free investment account subscription with Interactive Investor’s Friends and Family plan. You pay a single extra fee of £5 a month, and their monthly cost is zero. Each member can invest up to £30,000 in an ISA or a general investing account with free regular investing and no account fees. However, they will still pay normal dealing commissions when they buy and sell investments.
- Get £200 when you refer a friend to Interactive Investor – Recommend a friend or family member to ii and get a £200 reward. Your friend will get their first year’s service plan for free – saving £120. To qualify, your friend must transfer or fund their account with at least £10,000 in combined cash/investments. However, your friend will not receive the usually monthly free trade.
Interactive Investor’s investment platform is very easy to use and gives lots of market data on potential investments.
- Pick your own investments or use their model portfolios
- £1 minimum deposit makes it easy to get started
- Fixed account fee that does not increase with your investments
- Joint account options
- Fixed fee expensive for very accounts below £1,000
- No Lifetime ISA account
- No Junior SIPP account
Research & Analysis
- Expert opinion: Interactive Investor reviewed & rated